Sunday, April 6, 2014

Week Forty One

As usual, as soon as I have caught up this baby book I end up weeks and weeks behind again.  You are keeping us so busy that between cooking, cleaning, shopping, playing and taking pictures there is no time left in the day to blog.  I have to say that I love it and would not change a thing, other than having your sister here to add to our chaotic life.

This week was the beginning of the UTI, plastic diaper saga.  You went in for your 9 month well visit, and we discovered that your poor sleep the past two nights was not due to teething pain, but a urinary tract infection.  You were in the 8% percentile for weight, which for you was amazing, but you dropped to the 25% percentile for height.  Dr Chang thinks that you may take after your Dad and be shorter than average instead of like me, taller than normal.  It doesn't really matter, we love you no matter how tall you are, but I was hoping that you would be tall like me.  So you started some nasty tasting antibiotics (Bactram) and we waited for culture results, which grew an E coli.

I was trying to work on sleep training some more this week, hoping that we would get closer to you sleeping through the night, but it was a massive fail and I am pretty sure this was the week I just started sleeping on the floor of your room with you.  It's not that I don't love being close with you, but I do sleep better in my own bed!

Margaret also got you a cordless phone this week as a toy.  You are so smart though, you know that it is not the real thing, so although a great idea, you don't play with it as much as we hoped you would.

No comments:

Post a Comment