Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week Forty

You are my super big girl this week.  You can balance better and better while standing, and you improvised a baby walker with an upside down laundry basket, so you have taken your first assisted steps.  I know that you will be walking all by yourself soon and I am so proud to watch you discover how your body works.  You turned 9 months old this week and I am trying to take more pictures of you again.  I have had to resort to videos since you are always on the move!

You said your second word "baby" and you know that is means you.  You are so verbal and I am breathlessly awaiting for you to say Momma.

I was officially adopted this week,  babies aren't allowed in the courthouse and it was your nap time, so you could not be there.  So Grandpa is legally your Grandpa now.  I am so happy about this.  It was so important to me.

You slept so well, in your crib, from 7:30 pm to 3 am last night.  It was amazing for me to sleep that long, although I miss having you in my bed.  I love nursing you right before putting you down for the night.  I think of that time as a perfect moment.  I try to drink it the feeling of it, the smell of you after your bath, the warmth of you curled into me nursing.  I want to make a perfect memory of it so I can go back to that perfect time again and again.  I love you so much baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment